Based in Capalaba, we service the whole North Lakes, Mango Hill, Murrumba Downs and Redcliffe corridor.
North Lakes was gazetted as its own suburb in 2006, having previously been part of Mango Hill. The name comes from the estate development built around artificial lakes, and the suburb is now home to Westfield North Lakes, which opened in 2003.
View Area →Mango Hill had been known locally by that name since the 1950s before being formally gazetted in 1980. The name commemorates a 700-metre stretch of mango trees once planted along Anzac Avenue.
View Area →Murrumba Downs was gazetted as its own suburb in 1979, having originally been part of Kallangur. Murrumba was the name of Tom Petrie's 1859 farm holding, a Yugarabul word meaning good, or good place.
View Area →Griffin takes its name from the Griffin family, who migrated to Australia from the Orkney Islands off the coast of Scotland, and the suburb is home to the Osprey House environmental centre on the Pine River.
View Area →Dakabin's name comes from the Yugarabul language, meaning grass tree or grass root, and the suburb was once home to the Alma Park Zoo, which operated here from 1969 until relocating in 2014.
View Area →Kallangur's name is derived from an Aboriginal word thought to mean a good place. The area became a soldier settlement district in 1918, with farming families growing dairy, vegetables and pineapples.
View Area →Petrie is named after early settler Tom Petrie, who acquired land in the district in 1855, and the suburb became increasingly urbanised after the Australian Paper Mills factory opened here in 1957.
View Area →Warner takes its name from the parish of Warner, surveyed in 1861 by colonial surveyor James Warner, and remains one of the hillier suburbs in the wider Pine Rivers district.
View Area →Cashmere is named after early property owner James Cash, and sits near the foothills of the D'Aguilar Range, bordered to the north by Lake Samsonvale.
View Area →Joyner is named after the Joyner family, early settlers in the district, with William Joyner establishing the pastoral station Samson Vale here in 1845.
View Area →Whiteside's European history began in 1843, when Captain Francis Henry Griffin became the area's first free settler. Much of the suburb's southern and western land is now submerged beneath Lake Samsonvale, the North Pine Dam's impoundment.
View Area →Strathpine's name was given by Queensland Government Railways in the 1880s, combining the Scottish word 'strath', meaning valley, with a reference to the Pine River, and it served as the Pine Rivers Shire's main administrative centre from 1889 to 2008.
View Area →Bray Park was known as Strathpine West until 1970, when it was renamed after John Sanders Bray, who served as Pine Rivers Shire chairman from 1950 to 1973, the longest serving chairman in the shire's history.
View Area →Lawnton takes its name from early property owner Stephen Lawn, a blacksmith whose land was later acquired by Queensland Rail, with the suburb developing between Petrie and Strathpine from the 1960s onward.
View Area →Brendale was named in 1980 after a horse stud once located on the South Pine River flats, an area that had been dairy country since the Coe brothers settled here around 1870, and is now largely an industrial suburb.
View Area →Narangba is believed to take its name from an Aboriginal word meaning small place or small ridge. The area was originally known as Stoney Creek before its railway station adopted the current name in the 1880s.
View Area →Burpengary takes its name from Burpengary Creek, which forms part of the suburb's south-western boundary, alongside the North Coast railway line.
View Area →Morayfield is home to the site of Raff's historic 1874 sugar plantation, and today is a mostly residential suburb centred around the Morayfield Shopping Centre on Morayfield Road.
View Area →Deception Bay takes its name from the small bay itself, which lies between the Redcliffe Peninsula to the south and Bribie Island to the north.
View Area →Rothwell is named after Thomas James Rothwell, a former president of the Royal Automobile Club of Queensland who personally raised thousands of pounds toward the tree-lined Anzac Avenue that runs through the suburb.
View Area →Kippa-Ring takes its name from a bora ring, an earthen ceremonial site used by the local Ningy Ningy people for initiation rites, which stood near the suburb until its removal by council around 1950.
View Area →Newport is one of the newest suburbs on the Redcliffe Peninsula, a master-planned canal estate built from the 2000s around a series of artificial waterways connecting through to Moreton Bay.
View Area →Clontarf was one of several English and Irish seaside names given to Redcliffe Peninsula land estates from 1879, likely named after the town of the same name near Dublin, Ireland.
View Area →Margate was one of several English seaside town names applied to Redcliffe Peninsula estates from 1882, alongside neighbouring subdivisions once called Sorrento and Ramsgate.
View Area →Woody Point is the site where navigator Matthew Flinders recorded iron-stained red cliffs in July 1799, giving the entire Redcliffe Peninsula its eventual name.
View Area →Scarborough takes its name from the Scarborough Hotel, opened in 1879 at the northern tip of the peninsula, which sparked a real estate boom in English-named seaside subdivisions across the district.
View Area →Redcliffe was named Red Cliff Point by navigator Matthew Flinders in 1799, and became the site of Queensland's first European settlement in 1824, before the colony relocated to what is now Brisbane.
View Area →Carseldine was named in 1975 after fencing contractor William Carseldine, who arrived in Australia aboard the sailing ship Monsoon in 1854 and settled in neighbouring Bald Hills in 1858.
View Area →Bracken Ridge is a hilly suburb established through the 1960s, with its highest point offering clear views across to Moreton Bay on one side and the D'Aguilar Range on the other.
View Area →Bald Hills was settled by Scots families from 1857, who built a simple slab-constructed Presbyterian church within six years, and the suburb's name describes the grassed, sparsely-treed rises found along the South Pine River.
View Area →